Monday, August 18, 2008

Two For The Price Of One

Two typos, two ads

These two ads were in (once again) Kelowna's Capital News. They're not headlines, but certainly qualify as typos.

I'd love to have one of the dogs listed in the first ad; I'd never be sick again! As for the second ad, what is a "heading dog" anyway?

The ads may be a bit fuzzy so I've transcribed them here:

"Healer Puppy, male, vaccinated, wormed, super temperament, ready to go to approved home $300. Vernon"

It should read "Heeler Puppy". We used to have one.

"Maremma/Akbash male puppies, guardian for farm/family. NEW ZEALAND HEADING DOG puppies......"


Shouldn't that read "herding dog"? I could be wrong; if so, please feel free to correct me.

ETA: It seems I was wrong about the Heading dogs. There is such an animal and I thank my sister Gloria for pointing that out to me. Thanks, Glor!

2 comments:

Gloria (aka Sumonesmum) said...

I have to correct you on one of those. New Zealand Heading dogs are for real. I checked it out at:
http://www.teara.govt.nz/1966/D/DogsWorking/DogsWorking/en

Ev said...

Alright! I'll retract that one; thanks for checking. I'll post your correction in the next post. Thanks, Gloria!