Friday, August 15, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to Headline Hunters, the place to showcase newspaper bloopers. I don't know what your local newspaper is like, but here in Kelowna our newspapers are a great source of bloopers. They can be misspelled words, the wrong word, a word used in the wrong context, or simply bad grammar. Whatever it is, it makes those of us who love the English language wince or chuckle, perhaps both.

I've decided it's time to share some of the bloopers I find with the world. What about you? Does your local newspaper sometimes screw up? Have you found some gems? Well, why not take a digital snapshot of the bloopers you find and send them to me, along with your name, your city and the name of the newspaper in which you found the bloopers? I'll post the picture and give you the credit. Incidentally, it doesn't have to be headlines only. I've found some hilarious mistakes within newspaper articles and classified ads; they're all fair game.

Let's have some fun!

No comments: